(Simulated Laser Beam)
- Laser Stakes mount in the ceiling of covered and enclosed arenas. They cannot be used in outdoor arenas without an overhead structure. One laser is required for each barrel, pole, or electric eye that will be positioned by the Laser Stakes system.
- The lasers attach to metal supports in the arena ceiling using a strong magnet (other attachments options are available). The adjustable mount allows the laser to be pointed precisely at the target on the arena floor.
- Power for all lasers is provided by a single AC adapter. Low-voltage DC power runs from the AC adapter to the closest laser, and then from laser to laser to laser (see illustration below).
- Connections are made using readily available 18 gauge speaker wire, lamp wire, or similar two-conductor cable. You can purchase this wire at your local Home Depot or Lowes.
- Wires attach to each Laser Stake with an easy to use terminal block. The terminal block provides room for an incoming wire pair and an outgoing wire pair. Wiring is polarity-independent meaning you don't have to worry about "plus" and "minus."
For additional information, you can view the user's manual for laser stakes here.
Typical Wiring Diagram
This illustration shows wiring for three Laser Stake units (one for each barrel). The terminal block is on the back side of the laser near where the unit attaches to the adjustable mount.